A good environmental portrait should bring out your subject’s personality in a stylized sort of way. It needs to be a bit of an exaggeration. I know it might not feel comfortable having you pose in a dramatic fashion, but that’s what adds to the air of mystique to the image.
People will see it, and they’ll get intrigued and talk about your portrait.
Environmental portraits typically portray a person in their natural environment very different from studio based portraits. Locational portraits can help capture the character of the subject and give insight into their daily life making for a more personal image, generally telling some kind of story about who the subject is.
This can be achieved anywhere from where you like to spend your time, from your home, to a place of interest. However, you can also setup an environmental shoot to illustrate their character in certain scenario or situation, a busy street shot at night for example, to an autumn wooded area.
The benefit of photographing people in a natural environment is people feel more relaxed and comfortable being photographed resulting in better and stronger images.
Clive, made me feel comfortable Straight away. I was worried at first but as time when on I really enjoyed myself and was laughing an unbelievable amount. The photos were fantastic and would definitely recommend to anybody.
Environmental portraits can help capture the character of the subject
Objective of the consultation
- To understand and ensure your individual character, personality, style and strengths are reflected within your portrait.
- Discuss clothing options and any props required.
- Gain some insight into your personality and to establish a rapport to assist you in feeling relaxed, comfortable and able to enjoy the shoot.
- Identify and discuss any specific requests you may have for the images.
- To discuss how the images are intended to be used and displayed.
- To select location, dates and times for the portrait shoot.
- I want listen to you and fully understand what your are asking for in your personal bespoke commissioned portrait.
Objective of the Portrait Shoot
- To use my professional skills in posing and lighting techniques to create mood and showcase you in the best possibly way according your wishes.
- Capture your natural spirit and personality.
- Create a piece of bespoke art that is completely unique for you and is inspiration and celebrates you.
- If we are required to incorporate products/services (to highlight marketing potential) please Note: product photography may incur an additional fee.